High blood pressure (hypertension) affects one in three adults and, if left untreated, it can lead to heart problems, strokes and damage to other vital organs. Therefore, it's crucial to be aware of the risks and how you can reduce them.
RM3 for Pressure Check and is a quick and easy way to check your blood pressure.
What happens during the Blood Pressure Check?
A member of our trained pharmacy staff will take your blood pressure in the privacy of a consultation room. Your result will be explained to you and you will be offered any advice and support needed to manage your blood pressure.
If appropriate, we may refer you to your doctor.
Where can I get my blood pressure checked?
You can have your blood pressure checked at any Wellbeing Pharmacy. No appointment is usually needed; just call in and ask one of our pharmacy team.
How long will it take?
The check-up will only take a few minutes, but our staff member will take as long as required to answer any questions you have.
Does this check-up cost anything?
Yes, it will cost you RM3 for Blood Pressure Check.
What do I do next?
Visit your local Wellbeing Pharmacy and ask for your free check-up if you to become a Wellbeing Member.
Who is this service for?
All adults are at risk of high blood pressure. Many people don’t have any symptoms of high blood pressure so a check-up is the only way to see if there is a problem. Although all adults are at risk, people who fall into any of the below categories are at a higher risk of increased blood pressure: You’re older – more than 50% of people over the age of 60 have high blood pressure.
- You have a family history of high blood pressure or heart disease
- You’re overweight and don’t do much exercise
- You’re of Asian or African-Caribbean descent
- You drink more than 2-3 units of alcohol a day for women, or 3-4 units for men
- Your diet includes a lot of salt – processed foods are often high in salt
- You don’t eat five portions of fruit and vegetables a day
- Our pharmacy team will be happy to discuss any blood pressure concerns you have.
The Wellbeing Pharmacy Blood Pressure Testing is not available to people who fall into the following categories:
- Those under 16
- Pregnant women
- Those who have had a mastectomy
- Those who have had their lymph glands removed
- Those who have fistulas
· In these cases, please speak to your doctor if you have any blood pressure concerns.